The holidays are fast approaching, so I like to start making gifts about this time of year. One of my favorite gifts to make is an herbal salt body scrub - they're really simple to put together, but the end result makes a great gift or stocking stuffer that will actually get used. Salt scrubs are known for smoothing dry winter skin. They exfoliate and hydrate in one easy step! They are also an excellent way to use your herbal oil that you may have lying around, and get all of the great skin and health benefits you've infused into your oil. (For our herbal oil recipe, click here).
What you'll need:
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 cup of herbal oil or plain oil like sweet almond, olive, avocado or jojoba (I used eucalyptus-infused olive oil for this one)
- 1-2 lemons
To make your scrub:
1. Pour the sea salt in a large bowl
2 Add 1 cup of herbal oil or your oil of choice.
3. Next, grate the skin of 1-2 lemons into the bowl and mix well.
4. You can also add 10-15 drops of lemon or eucalyptus essential oil if you'd like - a nice touch, especially if you used plain oil.
Now your body scrub is finished!
5. Fill 4oz mason jars with your scrub, pop on the lid, and tie some ribbon around it to make a beautiful gift that will be much appreciated.
Photos by Brittany Smith