Immune Boosting Elderberry & Strawberry Kombucha Gummies
One of my favorite things to do with my leftover kombucha is to create this immune boosting, protein rich gummy treat! Sweetened with elderberry syrup and infused with farm fresh strawberries this gummy also adds the beneficial bacteria of kombucha with Collagen Proteins Gelatin to help it set up firm. What’s even better, it’s the healthiest “gummy” around!
Makes approximately 15-20 large gummies
• 1 cup home brewed kombucha (or store bought plain kombucha)
• 4 heaping tablespoons Vital Proteins Collagen Protein Gelatin
• 2 cups chopped strawberries
• 3-4 tablespoons elderberry syrup (you can find this in most health food stores or simply make your own)
1. Pour the kombucha into a large liquid measuring cup. Stir in the Collagen Proteins and leave it to bloom for 3-5 minutes.
2. Add the chopped strawberries and elderberry syrup to a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Pour it out into a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Cook until the strawberries are hot but not simmering. This will keep as much of the beneficial bacteria in the kombucha alive as possible.
3. Turn the heat off and add the bloomed gelatin/kombucha to the saucepan. Whisk until the gelatin has dissolved.
4. Pour into silicone molds. Chill in the refrigerator until set, about 1 hour. Enjoy immediately or keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Photo by Brittany Smith