With so many wild greens popping up, now is the perfect time to add these delicious and nutritious greens to a variety of dishes. One of our family favorites is spring rolls. Makes 4 petite spring rolls.
- 1/4 cup each chickweed, mallow and nasturtium (if you don't have access to foraged greens you can use 1/4 cup each cilantro, parsley and mint)
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 1/4 cup red cabbage, grated
- 1 cucumber, grated (optional)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4, 6 inch Vietnamese spring roll rice wrapper
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil like safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup water (optional)
1. Dip wrapper in water. Remove quickly and spread flat on a plate.
2. Pace a sprinkling of wild foraged greens and a pinch of each carrots, red cabbage, cucumber and avocado in the middle of the wrapper.
3. Drizzle with dressing.
4. Roll ingredients tightly in wrapper by first folding the sides inward and then the bottom. Next, begin to roll upward to make roll. Serve with White Miso Ginger dressing.
Place miso, vinegar and tahini in jar and shake well. Add oil, coconut aminos, ginger and garlic. Shake until combined. If too thick add a little bit of water.
Photos by Lauren Ross