DIY Herbal Aftershave
With Father's Day coming up, I've been thinking of special gifts to make for the men in my life. This herbal aftershave smells so good, and will keep my husband's and dad's skin nice and soft, while helping to stop any bleeding from small nicks and keeping them clean. They could even splash a little on their underarms for a natural deodorant.
You will need:
- A pint jar
- A small handful of dried bay leaves
- 3-4 star anise pods
- 1T dried orange peel (or 3T fresh)
- 1T dried allspice berries
- 1t cloves
- 2T dried Yarrow blossoms (or 2 fresh flower head clusters)
- 1 cup rum
- 1 cup witch hazel extract
- 1t aloe vera gel
- 1t vegetable glycerine
1. Put the dry ingredients into the pint jar, follow with the liquids, leaving 1/2 inch of space at the top.
2. Put on the top, and give your aftershave a little shake.
3. Set it on the counter, away from direct sunlight, and shake it once a day for 2 to 4 weeks.
4. Next, strain out the solids, reserving the liquid.
5. Use a funnel to pour your aftershave into a nice glass bottle, tie a little twine around the top, and you are all set!